This organisation is committed to implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery. Therefore, it is the organisation's policy to conduct all aspects of its business in an honest and ethical manner at all times.
This policy applies to all members of the organisation, including anyone providing services to the organisation such as volunteers, consultants, or contractors.
The aim of this policy is to help the organisation act in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010, maintain the highest possible standards of business practice, and advise individuals of the organisation's 'zero-tolerance' to bribery.
Bribery and corruption is punishable for individuals by imprisonment. If the organisation is found to have taken part in the corruption or lacks adequate procedures to prevent bribery, it could face an unlimited fine and lose its status as a not-for-profit organisation.
This policy applies to all members of the organisation, and any contractors, consultants, volunteers or other persons acting under or on behalf of the organisation.
The organisation will not:
- Make contributions of any kind with the purpose of gaining any commercial advantage.
- Provide gifts or hospitality with the intention of persuading anyone to act improperly, or to influence a public official in the performance of their duties.
- Make, or accept, “kickbacks” of any kind.
The organisation will:
- Keep appropriate internal records that will evidence the business reason for making any payments to third parties.
- Encourage members to raise concerns about any issue or suspicion of malpractice at the earliest possible stage.
- See that anyone raising a concern about bribery will not suffer any detriment as a result, even if they turn out to be mistaken.