Montlhéry - The Famous Banked track:
This event is one of the largest international meetings of pre-war vehicles and the Morgan group are returning for this third year. It is thrilling to watch these historic vehicles and motorcycles around this famous banked track. Those of you who have visited Brooklands might consider the remaining banked track steep — think again, Montlhéry is really steep. Many who went on a previous trip had a great time, so we decided to join in the next event. Together with our French friends we have researched a very nice hotel close to Montlhéry that we think VinMog members will enjoy.
VinMog at Montlhéry
- Three nights half board at Hotel Relais des Chartreux in Saulx-les-Chartreux. The hotel is booked for arrive Friday 08 May PM, depart Monday 11 May after breakfast. Extra nights may be booked in advance at a reduced rate of approximately £78 per night (B&B).
- This hotel is approximately five miles from the Circuit — you can see it at www.hotel-relais.fr but note the time of 15 minutes to Paris is the time to the outskirts (Porte d’Orléans) — to reach the centre, by taxi to the station and RER rail is likely to take around one hour.
- Meals: Breakfast and evening meals - see separate menu. The Saturday evening meal is a gala including dancing until 02h00 (for the hardy ones of us).
- Event tickets: Admission tickets for Saturday and Sunday, with a special parking area for Morgans (see separate map). You can see more about the event, including pictures from 2013 at http://www.vintage-revival.fr/.
- Food on site: Catering at the circuit was good last time, certainly much better than at British race circuits. Depending on when you wanted it sometimes there was a longish queue. Last time there were pre-ordered picnic hampers which had a shorter queue, and looked very nice. When we find further details we will send these out.
- For two people sharing a twin or double bedded room £515.00
- For one person in single room £390.00
These prices do not include any ferry travel. One reason is that the most suitable French port for Montlhéry is Dieppe, and Transmanche, the DFDS/LD Lines company that operate the Newhaven Dieppe service offer a 20% discount for any passengers over 60 years of age, which reduces the price to below the ‘special’ tour operator fare. But to obtain this you must book, by telephone only, direct with them
We would ask all interested to confirm whether they require a twin bedded, double-bedded or single room, and also if they would like any extra nights. We will then have to ask for some money.
Extra sightseeing: lf you decided to make a longer trip to include extra sightseeing remember that many museums in France are closed on Mondays - this includes Versailles Palace, though the gardens open every day.
We will work out some nicer routes for everyone before the event.
Please contact us (rf.go1558703122mniv@1558703122levar1558703122t1558703122) if you are interested, we will then send an official booking form. Please tell us your particular requirements (we know these will not all be the same).
We will then confirm the total price for each individual package; if acceptable we will request you send your payment within seven days.